OUR PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT and ACHIEVEMENT PROGRAMME
The aim of the PDA Programme is to provide our pupils with the opportunity to develop key character skills and attributes- RESPECT, COMMUNICATION,COLLABORATION, PERSERVERENCE,PROBLEM SOLVING, RESILIENCE, ADAPTABILITY, TEAM WORKING.
By taking part in our programme of activities we aim to:
- develop their self-esteem, self-confidence and resilience, including an understanding of how to improve their own learning and performance, so that they are well prepared for the next stage of their lives
- understand that the decisions they make are important factors of their own success and well-being and positive outcomes.
- develop spiritual, moral and cultural understanding and an appreciation of non-material aspects of life, whether religious, philosophical or other
- distinguish right from wrong, understand and respect systems of rules and laws, and accept responsibility for their own behaviour, including towards others
- are socially aware and so are able to work effectively with others, including to solve problems and achieve common goals
- fulfil responsibilities and contribute positively to the lives of others within the school, the local community and wider society
- respect and value diversity within society, show respect for and appreciation of their own and other cultures, and demonstrate sensitivity and tolerance to those from different backgrounds and traditions
- know how to stay safe and understand how to be physically and mentally healthy, particularly in terms of diet, exercise and a balanced lifestyle
- Enjoy themselves!!!